Fire, in Vedic terms ‘Havya-vahana’ is the carrier of oblations and prayers. Fire rituals provide an easy access to attain our destiny and to fulfil our desires. Homam, Homa, Havan and Yagna are some of the names given to Fire worship in Hindu tradition. In tantra, fire rituals are performed to complete or enhance the effects of Japa (Chanting). Fire rituals are also performed as remedies to appease deities/planets (Graha Shanthi) and to relieve oneself from sins (Prayaschitta).
Homas - Uniqueness:
- Vedas, tantras and shaivagamas have completely different methods to perform a Homa and are completely different from one another.
- Referring to a Sanskrit verse - "Aakashaat patitam toyam yatha gacchati sagaram" (All rivers lead to the ocean), the intention and destination of performing the Homas remain the same.
- A different perceptive over fire rituals reveal, the psychological effects attained through Fire rituals. They enhance concentration, discipline and memory power.
- The herbs used during oblations contain medicinal qualities and support fast healing.
- Fire rituals are also considered as charitable acts as it resonates Food feeding, which is an offering made to the fire in one’s stomach (Jataragni).
- Maha Ganapathy Homa - Live Obstacle-Free!
- Lakshmi Homa - Wealth is Yours!
- Dhanvantri Homa - Heal fast and Stay Healthy!
- Swayamvara Parvati Homa - Find Your Soulmate!
- Sudarshana Homa - Enmity Resolved!
- Bhagya Sukta Homa - The Divine Bliss!
- Durga Homa - Remove Negativity!
- Santhana Gopala/Putra Kameshti Homa - An Heir You Deserve!
- Navagraha Homa (Graha Shanthi) - Please Your Planets!
- Mrityunjaya Homa - For a long, healthy and happy Life!
- Nakshatra Shanthi - Relieve the fault in your stars!
- Kala-Sarpa Shanthi - Appease the Snake Gods